Thursday, March 15, 2018

The Revolution to End Extreme Poverty

I came up with #ThankfulThursday as a way to remember what we are grateful for and look for ways to pay it forward. "Because I have been given much, I too must give" is the mantra for Thankful Thursday! There are so many ways to give back, from simply smiling at someone in the grocery store, to traveling across the world to help someone out of extreme poverty. All efforts are important to the individual touched by your actions. So don't think you can't give back just because your circle of influence is limited.

This week I attended the CHOICE Humanitarian Breakfast of Humanitarians where we were privileged to hear from Dr. James B. Mayfield, co-founder of CHOICE Humanitarian, and Bishnu Adhikari, who has worked with Jim for many years. These two men have spent a lifetime finding ways to give back to the world around them. It's such a blessing to know both of these great humanitarians personally.


I was very impressed with a video that was shown at the Breakfast of Humanitarians, so I thought I'd share it with you today. Imagine a world where extreme poverty no longer exists. Is it possible? Watch this video and see what we have been working on, in conjunction with great humanitarians like Jim and Bishnu, to make this dream a reality. Look for my husband, Lonny, at 1:59. 😇


We would love to visit with you more about the work we are doing through amazing organizations like CHOICE Humanitarian. Lonny regularly does presentations about his work in the developing world and would be happy to come share pictures, principles, and a bit of culture with your family, civic group, or church congregation. Send inquiries to: m.me/jumbledsunshine

I challenge you to celebrate #ThankfulThursday by finding something, big or small, that you can do to #giveback to others today.

~JS~ 🌞
#ThankfulThursday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the Conversation!

I'd love to have you connect up with me on social media. For a list of all the places where we can connect online, visit: www.jumbeldsunshine.com/p/social.html. I'd love to get to know you, see your channel, your page, your social media stuff that you're doing out there. I just love learning and meeting people and connecting with people, so I'm excited to get to know you. ~JS~ 🌞