Friday, March 23, 2018

"This is Why We Can't Have Nice Things!"

Today for #FamilyFriday I have a little story to share. This morning, as I was going about my business as usual, I walked past a table in my living room and glanced at the beautiful wooden animal carvings that my husband had brought home from Africa.

Here's what the carvings look like from a distance.

But then, out of the corner of my eye, I noticed that something was amiss with one of the carvings. At first I just kept walking by, thinking briefly, "Hmm, I wonder what that is?"

Can you see it? 

But then it kind of sank in, and I stopped suddenly and turned around, thinking to myself, "Wait a minute, what WAS that?!?" As I headed back towards the table and looked more closely, I couldn't believe what I saw!

“Lego Man Gets Skewered by Wild African Mammal!” 

Yikes!! This just really made me laugh because this is what day-to-day life with a family is like! 🤣 When crazy things like this happen, you have two choices. You can look at it and say, "Oh my gosh, one of my kids ruined this carving. My kids ruin everything! This is why we can’t have nice things!"

Or... you could look at the situation and think to yourself, "You know, there's somebody living in this house, who I love, who has a great sense of humor and put that there because they thought it was funny. And it is funny! And if it scratched the carving, who cares! I can get another one another time. But I can never replace my child.”

This is what I chose to do this morning. I chuckled to myself and felt grateful for the uniqueness of family life. I walked away, leaving Lego Man just where he was, as a reminder of the fact that I am blessed to have all these special little people in my life. ❤

Happy #FamilyFriday everyone!
~JS~ 🌞


No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the Conversation!

I'd love to have you connect up with me on social media. For a list of all the places where we can connect online, visit: www.jumbeldsunshine.com/p/social.html. I'd love to get to know you, see your channel, your page, your social media stuff that you're doing out there. I just love learning and meeting people and connecting with people, so I'm excited to get to know you. ~JS~ 🌞